Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

It’s been a tough week, it’s always hard going back to work after a couple of weeks off and this time was no exception.  On Monday morning I grudgingly crawled out of bed when the alarm clock rudely interrupted my rather bizarre dream.  Twenty minutes later l was downstairs, cursing myself for forgetting to put the heating on timed last night as I hurriedly packed my bag and shivered.  The fact that my trousers had apparently shrunk in the wash wasn’t helping my mood either. Of course their tight fit around the waist had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I hadn’t worn them for two weeks, during which time I had done nothing but eat generous sized portions and sit in front of the TV.

I left the chilly house behind me and ventured out into the even colder outdoors.  I managed to time it perfectly as l drove off and found myself stuck behind a bus for most of the journey to work. Ironically, whenever I actually try to catch that bus, it results in me standing outside, typically in the rain and / or cold for thirty minutes when it’s running late.  Then l’m subjected to the pleasure of experiencing the drivers attempt to break the land speed record, or at least the speed limit, while I cling on to the seat, wishing I hadn’t just eaten.  Today though the bus was early and its driver was happy to crawl along at twenty miles an hour round the impassable country lanes.


Eventually I arrived at my destination, the office.  As l pulled my car into my usual parking space I wondered why I had been inpatient to get there, when all that waited for me inside was a full email inbox and a resulting throbbing headache.

Comments