Skip to main content

Please Release Me: Stuck


Today I'm participating in a group blogging event to celebrate the launch of Rhoda Baxter's new book 'Please Release Me'.

I loved Rhoda's 'Girl On The Run', so I'm delighted to be a small part of her big day for her new book and wish her the best of luck with 'Please Release Me', which I'm looking forward to reading.


The blurb:


What if you could only watch as your bright future slipped away from you?

Sally Cummings has had it tougher than most but, if nothing else, it’s taught her to grab opportunity with both hands. And, when she stands looking into the eyes of her new husband Peter on her perfect wedding day, it seems her life is finally on the up.

That is until the car crash that puts her in a coma and throws her entire future into question.

In the following months, a small part of Sally’s consciousness begins to return, allowing her to listen in on the world around her – although she has no way to communicate.

But Sally was never going to let a little thing like a coma get in the way of her happily ever after …

myBook.to/PleaseReleaseMe

Picking up on the theme of 'Please Release Me', the theme of our blogging event is 'stuck' in one form or another. When I sat down to think up ideas for the blog, ironically I was totally stuck. In the end I gave up, crawled into bed and switched off the lights. Then inspiration struck in the form of song lyrics.

Now in my head these lyrics were sung by an amazing vocalist (obviously not me) and accompanied by a full band. Sadly there are technical difficulties with getting the quality of what I hear in my head to be heard by anyone who isn't tone deaf or wearing ear plugs. So I'm afraid you'll just have to make do with the lyrics. Let me know what you think...




Verse 1

I'm stuck on repeat going nowhere fast,
If this was a race I'd finish last.
One step forward and two steps back,
Forward motion I seem to lack.


Chorus

They keep telling me tomorrow's a new day,
A fresh start, a clean slate, but it's just a cliché.
Nothing changes over-night, tomorrow's just another day.


Verse 2

Stuck in a rut that I can't get out of,
I call it hell and you call it love.
Plan to leave but always seem to stay,
Second thoughts keep getting in my way.

Chorus
They keep telling me tomorrow's a new day,
A fresh start, a clean slate, but it's just a cliché.
Nothing changes over-night, tomorrow's just another day.

Verse 3
Stuck in a role I didn't audition, 
Guess I'll see it through to fruition 
Stick with what I know & fear what I don't 
Hope it'll get better but know it won't

Comments